So it’s been a few months since I last updated anything. And a lot has happened very quickly. So I will hit the highlights.
- In June 2016, I got engaged to a wonderful and handsome man. We set a wedding date for January so suddenly my life became about wedding planning and whatnot.
- In November 2016, I was offered a tiny raise and more hours at my retail job. With a wedding to plan, I took it.
- In January, 2017, I quit my retail job (sadly) and I got married (twice!) to my wonderful man. Which brings us to
- February 2017. I am staying with my husband in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada!
So needless to say, a lot has gone on since I’ve been away. But things are slowing down and I want to continue updating this page. So, the question everyone is asking (I’m sure) is “What are you working on now?” Great. Here’s a list:
- Mama’s Girl: My musical is kind of an ongoing project. Slow and steady, after all.
- Wade in the Water: That’s right. The piece I was working on last year is still in progress because I had a minor computer crash. It happens. Luckily, I had a hard copy. Also, in rewriting, I have had a lot of revision opportunities. So I added body percussion, changed the key, added new harmonies, the works. So that’s nearly done. I hope to have it finished by the end of Black History Month.
- Miscellaneous piano pieces: After finishing Inferno I wanted to write more piano music. So I’m working on a piece in 7/8 called Festival Dance. So far, it’s going pretty well.
- Other than composing stuff, I’ve been checking out the music scene in Ottawa. I’ve even joined a community choir. All in all, life is good!